The Biopark in Odessa, Ukraine, is a wonderful place to visit with kids. Or even without kids. 🙂 It’s not very big, but it’s clean and the animals look lively and well taken care of. What I loved most is that you can feed almost every animal. Food for the animals is being sold at the entrance of the park, as well as inside. There’re different food boxes for the different kinds of animals, for example: monkeys, farm animals, tigers, etc. You can also
feed a giraffe!!!
That was a fantastic experience and I can’t recommend it enough. Even though it’s a bit pricey, it’s definitely worth it. It’s actually called “selfie with a giraffe”, but in order to take the selfie you actually feed the animal. Which was a first-time-experience for me. 🙂
Another exciting thing you can do is to visit the lemurs, but we haven’t done that yet. 🙂 We will definitely plan it for next time though, when we will also go on a
Safari Trip! 🙂
That’s right! You can go on a Safari trip in the Biopark. Keep in mind though that it’s every 45 minutes and places are limited. So you might want to reserve your spot right after you enter the park. Otherwise you will probably have to wait for the next ride.
There’s also a food corner and a nice playground next to it. The only downside of our whole visit was that we were told we have to wait more than half an hour for a burger with fries (or for any other food actually), so we quickly gave up and went to eat somewhere else. Other than that everything was perfect!
Prices in summer 2021 were:
- Entrance fee (10:00 – 19:00) – 200 UAH (∼7.5 USD) Kids up to 5 years old enter free, but you should bring a passport to verify their age.
- Safari trip (11:00 – 18:00) – 150 UAH (∼5.6 USD)
- Visit the lemurs (no more than 3 people at a time) – 300 UAH (∼11.2 USD)
- Selfie with a giraffe (no more than 3 people at a time) – 300 UAH (∼11.2 USD)
- Food for the animals – 100 UAH (∼3.7 USD)
- Face painting (10:00 – 17:00 only on weekends) – free
Make sure you check their website for current prices, as well as other interesting information about the animals. You can also buy tickets ahead of time online.
You might also like: